Would you like to join our team? We are always on the lookout for hard-working and experienced individuals. Below are our current job openings. If you’re interested please send a resumé and job application to email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Drafter II / CAD Tech
JOB LOCATION: Heber City, Utah
JOB TYPE: Full time
A Drafter II transforms initial rough product designs and layouts using computer aided design (CAD) into working construction documents. Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Two to four years of experience in the field or in a related area is required. Familiar with drafting concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
A CAD Tech is expected to perform duties such as: creating shop fabrication drawings; modifying / updating existing project drawings using as-built information; creating project drawings and product layouts using provided quote information; creating / modifying project submittal drawings; and assists creating conceptual product layout drawings to be used during the project bidding process.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Drafting, Engineering or a closely related field from an accredited college, university or technical school; AND
- Have at least 2 years of full-time experience performing drafting using AutoCAD or similar CAD program.
- Ability to work according to standard instruction and established procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor or other 3D CAD program.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional time management skills.
Health, Life, & Disability Insurances
SIMPLE IRA with company match
PTO & Paid Holidays
Quarterly Profit Sharing
Position: MIG Welder/Fabricator
Reports to: Manufacturing & Fabrication Manager – Edgar Muñoz
Pay: $15 – $17/hour starting, depending on experience
Rooftop Anchor has been a leader in the rooftop fall protection industry. As a Welder/Fabricator in RTA’s fabrication department, you are part of a team that builds custom fall protection systems with high strength metals including mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
This is a full-time position working in RTA’s warehouse in Heber City. Full-time employees are eligible to receive benefits, including health insurance, long term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, a SIMPLE IRA with a company match, and participate in the company’s profit sharing plan.
You will be expected to be able to read blueprints including weld symbols and fabrication drawings. All applicants will be required to perform a weld test per AWS D1.1 & D1.6 structural steel welding requirements. You are expected to learn various aspects of job building and product application. RTA places high priority on safety and lean and 5S practices and this position is expected to be fully engaged with implementing safe practices and helping the warehouse reach its goals.
A Welder’s responsibilities include:
- Part fitting,
- Operating the bandsaw,
- Operating Oxy-fuel torch & or hand plasma,
- Safely operating a 5,000 lbs. forklift,
- And other duties as needed and directed by manager.
- Fabrication skills, including the use of a level, combo square, tape measure, welding positioners,
- Basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and basic trig,
- Prior MIG welding experience.
A Welder also needs to:
- Be willing and able to learn,
- Be willing to take advice and make suggestions for improvement,
- Be respectful in all communications,
- Be able to work a consistent schedule, typically Monday – Friday, 7-8 hours a day,
- Be on feet all day on a concrete floor,
- Lift 60 – 70 lbs. continuously throughout the day,
- Be able to do repetitive work for long periods of time,
- Work to RTA’s safety standards,
- Be tolerant of temperature swings (the warehouse is hot in the summer and cold in the winter),
- Be dependable and consistent, both in keeping your work schedule and in the output you generate,
- And keep work area clean, neat, and organized according to 5S principles.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to find out more about Rooftop Anchor, please feel free to explore our website (www.rooftopanchor.com).